Did you know DG Dr. Michael Babb has hobbies such as song writing, singing, music publishing and music production?
As a proud charter member of the Rotary Club of Nashville Sunset, Nashville, Tennessee, Michael has fond memories of his time spent as a member of the Rotary Club of Franklin at Breakfast and his first club, the Rotary Club of Cushing, Oklahoma, which he joined in 1985 and served two terms as president.
Michael has served both District 5750 and District 6760 as an Assistant Governor. He has been selected and is looking forward to serving as District Governor of District 6760 in 2021-2022.
Michael is married to Tamie Babb, MD, a board certified Ob-Gyn. Michael is a board certified Family Physician practicing hospital medicine. Tamie and Michael blended their families and now have eight children and fifteen grandchildren with whom they love spending time. Also, Michael and Tamie call Nashville their home.
Michael owns and actively writes music for Magic Yellow Bird Publishing Company.
Other Rotary positions where Michael has served include District 5750 Conference Chair, District 6760 Polio Chair and District 6760 Extension Chair. He has served two terms as Partner Training Leader at International Assembly. He has been a facilitator for Rotary Leadership Institute in District 6760 and a facilitator at Mid-South PETS.
Tamie is also an active Rotarian and is past District Governor 2009-2010 of District 5750. Tamie has served as Training Leader at International Assembly for two terms. She has been President’s Representative at many district conferences across the USA. She has Chaired the Program and Training Committees for Zone Institutes and has Chaired the Zones 30 & 31 Institute in Montgomery, AL in 2018. She will begin serving Zones 30 & 31 as Endowment/Major Gift Advisor July of 2019.
Michael and Tamie are strong supporters of The Rotary Foundation. They are Major Donors, Paul Harris Society Members and Bequest Society Members.
- Lived in Oklahoma 1955-2011 and moved to Nashville in 2011
- Medical Doctor degree from University of Oklahoma
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Private Practice in Cushing, OK 1985-2011
- Currently Hospitalist at Williamson Medical Center, Southern Hills Medical Center and Hendersonville Medical Center
- Singer/songwriter with songs that have made the top 40 on the country music charts in Norway
- Joined the Rotary Club of Cushing, OK 1985
- Served as president 2003-2004 and 2008-2009
- Assistant District Governor District 5750 2004-2008
- Joined Rotary Club of Franklin at Breakfast 2011
- Assistant District Governor District 6760 2016-2019
- Charter Member Rotary Club of Nashville Sunset 2017
- District 6760 Polio Plus Chair 2013-2021
- Married to Tamie Babb, MD, Past District Governor District 5750 and International Assembly Training Leader (which made me a spouse training leader)
- We each brought 4 children to our union for a total of 8 and have 14 grandchildren
- Paul Harris Fellow 1987 – Initial Polio Plus campaign
- Paul Harris Society Charter member
- The Rotary Foundation Level 3 Major Donor
- The Rotary Foundation Bequest Society
- The Rotary Foundation Benefactor
- District 6760 RLI facilitator; Grad School Grad
- International Conventions Barcelona, Chicago, New Orleans, Montreal, Atlanta, Toronto, Hamburg
- RI District 6760 Governor 2021-2022
- Personal Rotary motto: “Fun. Fellowship. Service. Knowledge.”
- Personal Rotary Goal: Legacy of Service